If you'd like to make the switch and start using the new BETA Directory on your website, just follow the steps below!
1. Preview your BETA Directory
You can check out what your BETA Directory looks like from the settings page. Go to Admin > Global Settings, then click Web Preferences. In this menu you'll see BETA Directory Settings.
The default settings will load. Just click "View Directory" and a new tab in your browser will launch, with your default MC Trade website domain and the new directory link. This is the link you'll use in Step 3 below.
2. Configure your Settings
There are a number of settings that allow you to set both the style/labeling of the BETA Directory, as well as the listing information and other items that will display. Choosing a nice background Header Image and/or a complimentary branding color will go a long way to make your directory look professional and easy to use for visitors.
Click here for a detailed article on each setting in this section, and how they'll affect the directory pages.
3. Direct visitors to your site to the new directory!
For the BETA phase on the new directory, there will not be any automated redirects to automatically replace the links to your old/current directory to the new Beta version. Instead, you'll need to update your website to link to this new directory (it will look something like https://web.mydomain.org/atlas/directory/search).
- If you use a Personify website, you can check out this section for information on updating your home page and navigation links for your main website: Website Content Management System.
- If there are any links to your directory in the Branding Settings menu for your MC Trade pages (like the Member Portal or forms), you can update that link in Global Settings under the Branding Settings menu item.
- If you use a third-party site to manage your main website, you'll need to change any links directly to your old/current directory in that site's CMS.
In all of these scenarios, you'll simply replace any links to your old directory with the link to the new BETA Directory. It's ready to go as soon as you want to send visitors to use it!
Note that while you've removed/changed any links to the old directory, it is still live and may still get visitors through saved bookmarks or links, cached Google search results, etc. Redirects that automatically send users from old links to the new directory are not yet available, but will be coming later this year with the full launch of the new directory. In the meantime, you can use these tips to ensure most traffic is directed to the new version.
Please sign in to leave a comment.