If you have multiple Accounting Packages in Atlas, you can set up a default credit card Payment Type for each one in order to accept a payment on your Online Bill Pay portal across multiple accounting packages. If a member logs in to pay an invoice that has line items from two different accounting packages, you will need to set these defaults to ensure the payment is properly applied.
First, make sure your Payment Types are set up properly.
- Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Payment Types.
- Select the Payment Type that you would like to use for credit card processing for your first Accounting Package. Ensure that:
- The "Credit Card Type" checkbox is checked.
- The correct Credit Card Gateway appears in the drop-down menu.
- The Accounting Package is selected correctly.
- Repeat for each accounting package's credit card payment type. Note that for the different accounting packages, you may use different Credit Card Gateways or each (or you can use the same Gateway for all).
To set the default Payment Type for each Accounting Package:
- Go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings.
- Click the Accounting Package Integration tab and select Edit/View Accounting Packages.
- For each accounting package, scroll to the right until you see the "Default Payment Type" field. In each dropdown, indicate the correct credit card payment type to use as the default for each accounting package.
- Click Save at the bottom.
Note that if you have revenue items and payment types that have no Accounting Package (it's set to "None" in your codes), the website will use your overall system default payment type and corresponding gateway (Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings, Online Payments tab).
Once your default settings are enabled, members will be able to pay invoices that span multiple accounting packages with a single payment. When processing the payment, the system will use the default settings that you have configured to charge the card to the correct gateway and apply the payments using the correct payment type.
Click here to view an FAQ article on this feature.
Please sign in to leave a comment.